Apple iOS devices (requires iOS version 6.0 or higher)
|iPhone 6/6 Plus|
|IPod Touch 5th Gen|
|iPod Touch 4th Gen|
Frequently Asked Questions
Test Strips and Coding
- Why can't I scan the QR code, and why does the error "Make sure your meter and mobile device are connected when scanning the QR code" pop up every time?
Before we can see if there is an issue with the app, we need to make sure the iHealth Align is making a connection and is fully powered.
When plugging in the iHealth Align, you will see that the Align symbol on the app (upper left) will turn blue to show that the connection is activated. If this does not happen, it could be one of 2 issues:
1. The Align is not fully plugged in, or could be blocked by your phone case
2. The battery in the Align is dead or not fully charged
You may click on the How-To video below to verify that everything is being done correctly.
- How do I get control solution?
Control solution can be purchased in our online store at store.ihealthlabs.com
- What is the QR code on the test strip vial? Why do I need to scan the QR code?
The QR code is located on the top of iHealth test strip vial. You must scan the QR code before using it for the first time and any time you open a new vial of test strips. The QR code scanning feature provides you with a convenient way to code the meter with the test strips to ensure accurate blood glucose results. Scanning the QR code also enables the app to track and show you the quantity of test strips in the vial, as well as expiration information.
- Do I need to scan the QR code every time I insert a new test strip?
No. You only need to scan QR code when you open a new vial of test strips.
- What happens if I use expired test strip?
An error message will appear on the app to remind you to use a new test strip or an error code will display on the meter if you are doing an offline test.
- What kind of test strips should be used with the iHealth Wireless Smart Gluco-Monitoring System?
Only use iHealth brand test strips with the iHealth system.
- Which way does the test strip go into the meter?
Make sure you insert the test strip with the contact bars facing up into the test strip port.
- Can I reuse the test strip?
No, you should only use a test strip once.
- What should I store the iHealth test strips in?
Store your iHealth test strips in their original vial only. Never store them in another vial, any other container or outside the vial.
- What are the tips for proper handling and storage of the iHealth test strips?
Shake a test strip out into your hand. Try not to touch the end of the strip.
Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before you open the test strip vial.
Use the test strip immediately after you remove it from the vial.
Don’t expose test strips to direct sunlight or extreme heat.
Don’t freeze test strips or store them in extreme cold.
Immediately close the vial after you open it.
Store test strips in their original vial with the lid securely closed.
Do note transfer test strips between vials.
Keep test strips in a dry place and follow the recommended storage conditions as specified in the user’s manual:
Storage condition: 39.2° F ~ 86° F (4° C ~ 30° C), Humidity 10% ~ 80% RH.
Checking Blood Glucose
- How do I use the lancing device?
Prepare the lancing device first by following the steps below and press the lancing device against the site to be lanced.
Press the release button to puncture the site.
1. Snap off the lancet device cap
2. Insert a new lancet firmly into the lancing holder cup
3. Twist the lancet cover off
4. Replace the lancing device cap
5. Set the lancing level
6. Cock the handle until it clicks
- How do I easily get a drop of blood?
There are a few ways you can improve blood flow and make blood glucose checks easier:
1) Warm your fingers by washing with warm, soapy water, then rinse and dry completely.
2) Let your arm hang down at your side to increase blood flow to the fingertips.
3) Grasp finger just below the joint closest to the fingertip and massage gently toward tip of finger, then squeeze for 3 seconds.
4) Set the iHealth lancing device at the appropriate level for you.
- How much/large of a blood sample is needed?
Minimum of 0.7 micro liter is required.
- How do I know that enough blood sample has been taken?
Make sure the confirmation window of the test strip is completely filled with the blood sample. Remove your finger quickly when countdown appears in the meter display or when you hear a sound alert from the app if the meter is connected to a mobile device.
- How long does the iHealth system to take check blood glucose level?
Once the blood sample is on the test strip, it takes about five seconds to get your reading.
- How do I see my test results on meter?
Press the memory button located in the side of the meter to view the test results stored in the meter. The first reading you’ll see is your most recent blood glucose result. To review earlier test results, press the memory button repeatedly.
- How do I clean the meter and how often?
The meter and lancing device should be cleaned and disinfected following each use. We suggest that you use CaviWipesTM ((Metrex® Research Corporation, EPA Reg. No. 46781-8, EPA Est. No. 56952-WI-001). Refer to the “Cleaning and Disinfection” section in the owner’s manual for detailed information.
- Why the test result is different from using other brand glucose meter?
The iHealth system provides you with the whole blood equivalent results. The result you obtain may differ somewhat from other home use glucose meters result due to normal variation. You can take a control solution test if you suspect the test results are not accurate. Refer to the “Performing a Control Solution Test” section on owner’s manual.
- What conditions are not suitable for using the iHealth system?
Please refer to the “Limitations of Use” section in the owner’s manual.
- Can iHealth Align take offline readings?
No, iHealth Align must be plugged into a smart phone, and used with the companion iHealth Gluco-Smart app in order to take a reading.
- Will iHealth Align work with a phone case on?
This will depend on the phone case that you have. You can use it with a phone case as long as iHealth Align is fully inserted into the audio port.
- Will the app alert me when the battery is low?
Yes. Make sure to replace the battery immediately when you see the low battery message to ensure uninterrupted use.
- Will this product come with a battery?
iHealth Align comes with two CR1620 batteries. Install the battery before use. Please refer to the Quick Start Guide for installation
- How do I conserve battery life?
Please remove the test strip and meter from your mobile device after each reading to conserve battery life